Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Where is Muse?


Where did he go? I swear he was here
Just a second ago, he was next to the pier
Yes. Yes he was. Helping me portray the buccaneer
The swashbuckling man who was churning the beer…
He’s gone now, though. Why did he disappear?

Help me, Muse. I’m so out of tune
How do you expect my writing to bloom?
I might go mad really soon
I’ll become a blubbering buffoon  

I'm begging you, please come back now. 
You're as important to me as a marriage vow
I cannot survive with your disallow... 

Did I chase you off, is that it?
Did I anger you enough and throw a fit?
Did my thoughts deliver that final hit
That blew you away along with my wit?


I'm back! This poem pretty much sums it all up. My muse was chased away after I had a few emotional crises and high levels of stress. He's been poking around in my head from time to time, visiting me for brief moments then disappearing again. He's back now though (and I'm hoping he's a permanent tenant this time), so be on the lookout for more posts. I love you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment