Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rose

Gloriously bloomed
Gentle to the touch
Soft as velvet
You are like a rose.

Like a rose you stand tall
Stand ready to be there for support
Ready to be a source of comfort
A source of tranquility

Like a rose your aroma fills my soul with warmth and glee
As I gently hold you in my arms.
Like a rose you appeal to me
The sight of you fills me with ecstasy at the thought that I am loved
I am loved.

But like a rose you are the thorns that graze me
Puncture into my skin like a dagger to the heart.
Although I cry out in pain you seem oblivious to the harm that you caused.

Like a rose the satisfaction you give me from your beauty diminishes
Withers away.
Temporary joy temporary sweetness temporary appeal
I toss you away because
You are
As temporary as a rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment